Monday, July 5, 2010

Bloggity, blog, blog... blahhh

I've noticed that I'm not a very good blogger. I'd like to say it's because I'm way too busy with this-and-that to maintain a blog, but that's just not true. I have the time. I even have the interest, believe it or not.

I guess I could give a movie review... I watched "Eclipse" yesterday, even though I have just started reading the book. All I can say is I really hope the book turns out better than the movie. It was disappointing and a bit slow, in my humble opinion. I enjoyed the first two movies, and I thought they followed the books quite well. I can only assume this third saga-installment treads along the book as well, but I'm really hoping not.

It's also been released that the last book, "Breaking Dawn", will be split into two movies. Ugh. First the Harry Potter camp decides that their last book needs to be split, and now Twilight is following. Hopefully, "Breaking Dawn" will steer clear of the 3D craze, but somehow I doubt it. Anything to make an extra buck, hey Hollywood?

The Northern Ohio Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators has just opened registration for the annual regional conference. I attended the conference last year, and found it to be both fun and informative. We had the opportunity to hear some great speakers and to meet with editors from some of the largest publishing houses. It's always nice to be surrounded by so many people with the same interest, to chat about what their working on, to view artwork from some very talented illustrators, and to go home with a folder filled with information!

No comments:

Post a Comment