Wednesday, July 28, 2010

I get to goooooooo! :)

Have you ever stopped to take inventory of your junk?

Today, I searched my bookshelves and DVD stand for stuff to sell. Yup, it was time to part with some stuff in order to get something that is much more important. I sold my crap to Half Price Books, and now, I have the funds to go to Northern Ohio's Annual SCBWI Conference in September! Yay!!

Do I miss the junk? Surprisingly, no. Which I find rather odd. I usually feel so attached to my things that it makes me sad to throw out an old pair of tennis shoes. Something's different, I guess. I feel lighter now.

Now don't get me wrong -- I still have my favorite crap that I will keep near me. Like Walter the Hippo. Walter isn't going anywhere. And I have kept my favorite books.

Lesson learned: I used to take things for granted. I collected stuff just so I could have stuff. Now I look at it differently. The stuff I have is stuff I use. Walter? Yes, I use Walter. He's my huggy buddy when I'm feeling down. And sometimes he's handy when my cat won't leave me alone. Apparently, to a cat, Walter is quite intimidating. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment